A REPORT ON THE 2019 NAIROBI TRADE FAIR AS ON 30th September TO 6TH OCTOBER.
The members who participated were urban farming group including the two interns, HDSTP weaving group. Total no of participant each day was 9.
1. Exposure for staff and students to be able to meet and network with other exhibitors
2. Educate people on how to make use of small spaces in their urban homes
3. Customers retention from previous trade fairs & referral
4. Interviews by various media houses such as Radio Citizen and Kameme TV
5. Visitors who came after show want to be established kitchen garden in their compounds.
6. Good relationships with the county officials thus making it easy for Ruben Centre to have a good spot at the trade fair
7. Taking the weaving machine to the showground and showcase how the weaving process takes place
8. We had early preparations thus making things easy
1. Variety of products being showcased need to be improved
3. Convincing the customers to buy our products
4. Tiredness of the staff
5. Attaining a gate pass after the conclusion of the exhibition
6. Lack of adequate time to see other products which were exhibited by other exhibitors.
7. Rains that reduced traffic from coming into our stand
Need for early preparation of duty roster for those who are working in the show ground to relieve each other in order to avoid tiredness. We need to use of internet to sell our products on online marketing platforms such as Jumia. There is also a need for pre-learning before the show.
TOTAL AMOUNT SPENDS ………….KSH 37,000
TOTAL AMOUNT SOLD …………………KSH.141, 000