Ruben Public School
Ruben Primary is a public sponsored school by the Christian Brothers - Australia. The school offers free primary education like all other public schools and it is the only public school in Mukuru Kwa Ruben. Currently the school has a population of 2,700 children with 28 teachers from the government and 30 project teachers. The school has both ECDE – Early Childhood Development Education and Primary Education up to standard eight. The enrollment policy is in accordance with the Government of Kenya’s policy of Free Universal Primary Education. The curriculum used is also that which is offered by the Ministry of Education for all primary schools.
The school has a well-equipped library with at least most of the necessary books where the children go for private studies or library lessons. However the books available and the facility itself is not commensurate with the proportion of the student population. Our children receive two free meals daily, porridge for younger children from nursery to grade four through the contribution of staff from Unilever and lunch to all the children courtesy of World Food Programme.
Ruben primary values building and nurturing talents and this is evident through the many co-curriculum activities such as gymnastics, dances, sports, aerobics, fashion shows, drama and myriad of clubs that instill skills in children outside the classroom. Such clubs include: young farmers club, environment club, children rights and responsibility club, scouts and YES club
Ruben Primary School, in partnership with the Christian Brothers, offers quality education for all students, so that they grow in acceptance of themselves while growing in understanding of their socio-economic situation.
Mission: Ruben Primary School works towards
- Providing comprehensive education from nursery level to Standard 8.
- Nurturing a welcoming, clean and secure environment where the children can grow and learn.
- Providing holistic education that is geared towards personal, community and national development.
- Cultivating a partnership between all stakeholders, which leads to a greater sense of shared responsibility for all educational activities.
- Strategies to implement our Vision and Mission:
- Acting with professionalism in all activities such as teaching, examinations, pastoral care and communication with the wider community.
- Planning for excellence in all aspects of education.
- Teamwork among staff, between staff and students, Ministry of Education and with parents and the wider community.
- Giving full attention to human dignity at all times.